What PH, Degrees and other stuff like that do i need to breed guppies.

Apr 13, 2011
hey guys, just a quick question. I was wondering what Degrees the guppy tank has to be and whats the ph has to be, I bought a 20 gallon fish tank and i am picking it up on wednesday. I bought a sponge filter that connects to a airline so the guppys dont go through the bigger filter. I am first going to do a cycle before adding fish,

Guppies breed like rabbits, they aren't as picky as other fish when it comes to mating and before you know it you will have more than expected. It's important to keep in mind that a female and male guppy can mate and the female will give birth that first time and for the next 3-5 months will most likely give birth again without mating again. But like other tropical fish temperatures around 72-80F are optimal, I kept mine at 76F when I bred them, also make sure you have at least 3 females per every male. My pH was about 7.2, I don't pay a lot of attention to that because my tanks are so stable it doesn't fluctuate.

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
Guppies breed like rabbits, they aren't as picky as other fish when it comes to mating and before you know it you will have more than expected. It's important to keep in mind that a female and male guppy can mate and the female will give birth that first time and for the next 3-5 months will most likely give birth again without mating again. But like other tropical fish temperatures around 72-80F are optimal, I kept mine at 76F when I bred them, also make sure you have at least 3 females per every male. My pH was about 7.2, I don't pay a lot of attention to that because my tanks are so stable it doesn't fluctuate.
Agreed, and my tank is in the upper 7s (7.9ish) and my endlers still breed like theys no tommorow! :)