What is the best way to kill snails?

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
I have a 29 gallon aquarium, and out of nowhere, these little annoying Trumpet Snails get into my tank and I cant seem to get rid of them. What would work best to get rid of them? A Clown Loach maybe?

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Try this. Put a bowl or glass  bottle that has a few pieces of food (pellets or something that will stay in the bottle) in it on the bottom of the tank. THe next morning, most of your snails will be in the bottle, and you just remove it.  Repeat as necessary.

Jan

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[glow=color,strength,width]Didn't know that I always have heard about the clown loaches killing the snails but never heard about chocolate cats!

Ryan ;D[/glow]

Oct 22, 2002
Goldfish eat snails but they aren't very nice looking. You can get Chemicals that kill them and the eggs. But i think the Clown Loaches would be better because they are very nice fish and they do a good job of killing snails.I also don't think the bowl thing would work because there will still be eggs every where. :)

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
Go with the clown loach.  I keep one in my 38 gallon guppy tank .  He eats the small ones, but leaves the larger ones to keep my tank clean for me.  Its a great set up.  I very rarely have to clean anything in that tank![glow=color,strength,width][/glow]

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I get my little brother to (wash his hands) collect them from my 2ft tank and squash them to feed my convicts :) He loves it, it's the only time he's allowed in my room to see the fish! :)

I guess that’s irrelevant though :)