What fish is good to breed?

Apr 13, 2011
hey guys, i got everything i need i just have to set up the tank but once i finish setting up the tank what is a good started fish to breed and a fish that wont breed like rabits. I was just wondering what some of your opinions are to a good breeding fish, i was thinking maybe like

Jewel cichlids?

Jun 4, 2011
you can make money off of angelfish if you buy them young you can contact your local pet shop an they will buy all your young as they can spawn every 10 days from 4 months and when youve had enough a breeding pair will fetch £50-60 quid

Jun 18, 2011
hey guys, i got everything i need i just have to set up the tank but once i finish setting up the tank what is a good started fish to breed and a fish that wont breed like rabits. I was just wondering what some of your opinions are to a good breeding fish, i was thinking maybe like

Jewel cichlids?
For a beginner breeder, I would suggest Mollies, but you don't have a large enough tank.

I would try breeding Platys. Platys are easy to breed, pretty and easy to care for, hardy fish.

For a 10 gallon tank I would highly suggest getting 1 male and 2 females.

This is important, because if you only have 1 female with 1 male or more, the female will get very stressed.

(If you like my idea of getting platys, I can give you more information as well as helpful tips!)

I wish you well,

Fishlover <3

*GOLDFISH*

nanu156

Large Fish
Mar 8, 2010
Detroit, Mi
IF you end up with a pair of jewels they are fairly easy to breed, they will breed like rabbits and the females take a beating from the males.

Their fry tend to fetch decent prices if you have an LFS to buy them (they make around 50 per clutch) they just need clean water and to be full grown

Platties and guppies are the easiest to breed in my opinion.

If you goal is to make cash bristle nose plecos are easy enough to breed and you will be able to sell every single one of them as fast as you can turn them out, Angels are another that are real easy to sell. I guess it depends on your ultimate goal with this breeding plan.