What else would be good for my 29G?

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
As long as you don't have extremely sharp gravel, the corycats would be find. You could also look at some yoyo loaches, a pleco(albino bristlenose would be a nice contrast), ghost/cherry shrimp, mystery snails.

Corys would be a nice addition. I never had a problem with them in gravel tanks. I would agree that Oto's do best in Planted aquaria but that is because of all the places to hide in and so they feel secure. Fake plants would be great just supplement their feedngs with algae wafers. Albino BN would be a very nice contrast to the tank as far as bottom feeder. But Im presuming you want to have somewhat of an Active Diurnal fish. Corys, Otos, BN Plecos, and Banjo Cats would be great additions if you can find them.

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
i would add to the head and light tetra school. serpaes can be kinda big and nippy fish. then you have the mid area done then you could add some hatchetfish or something for the top area, and some corys, kuhlii loaches, or a a fancy pleco for the bottom. though i do like the idea of a mystery snail, they always add a nice spot of color to tanks

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
There's definitely some room to play with.... What sort of impression do you get when you look at your tank? Is there a "hole" somewhere? Space? Color? Presence? Activity? What you have now is a nice blend, where do you want to take it? :)