what color?

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
I'm posting a pic of my 30 gallon tank. was wanting to get opinions of what color I should paint the back. I've painted one tank sandstone and another tank black and was wanting to have something a little lighter in color. I don't want white and I'd like to stay away from blue. any ideas what u would think would look good?

Attachments

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
That's a tough one on that tank. It'd look really cool with one of those styrofoam backgrounds that you can make that look like a rock wall (you use styrofoam, Quikrete and concrete pigment). You could carve the rocks to kind of match the ones in the tank already, then color the Quikrete the black and greyish white your substrate is.

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
my vote is for DIY rock formation background like bass said. this however means that you need to move your fish so idk if thats possible. painting it black would solve the problem at hand immediately though.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
Yeah I prefer not to move the fish. I just want to paint it. if I had not had it setup yet the foam rock wall would possibly look cool if I could get it to look right.

I think grey would be kinda blah. might not look bad but I don't think it will give the tank that look at me quality. with the granit and quarts rocks I think there is enough grey.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
well I've already got black on one tank so thats y I don't want black. I do want to go witha lighter color but not sure what color exactly. and as long as u seal the top it's rather safe to paint it with the fish in it. especialy when u brush the back.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
thing is I'm far from artistic, well I did do a painting in high school but it involved guns, and that jsut don't seem wise to me lol. lined up spray paint cans and shot them with a variety of rifles. I let the eploding spray cover the canvas. looked cool but don't think it will work for this aplication.