Vacations and puffers? How to feed them?

I'm going home in a couple weeks for thanksgiving, and I was wondering how everyone else deals with feeding their puffers when they have to go on trips. Mines a figure 8, about 1", he eats freeze dried krill, snails, ghost shrimp, and blood worms. He won't eat flake, or anything not natural food shaped. My current plan is to dump in a bunch of ghost shrimp in, and just let him hunt them down over the weekend. Is there some other trick people use?

GrImLoCk

Large Fish
Oct 2, 2003
Aag Town
Visit site
yea i got a good trick i pay my friend 20.00 bucks to have them come over and feed them...putting a bunch of ghost shrimp is a good idea but keep in mind that puffers will keep eating and not know when to stop

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
hmmm...you could fill an auto-feeder with freeze dried krill and let him eat that for the time, but he might also get picky and not eat it after a few days.

i guess im lucky, my puff eats anything i put in the tank, besides flake.:D

I've been feeding him the krill for a couple weeks now, with the occasional blood worms for variety (and apparently the occasional minnow). He'll eat pieces of it (The blood worms, I sometimes break off chunks so he doesn't eat a shrimp the same size as him, lol) so an autofeeder filled with krill might work. Sorta worried it might dump a ton, and I'll come back to an exploded puffer though :-? On a side, my puffer has taken snips at algae wafers as they drop, but won't eat them though...