True Percula Clown

jf228

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
can someone tell me why my clown is like peeling on its back? It doesn't eat either. The tank has some live rock and 1 bi color angelfish

eseow

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
How long have you had the clown? Has he eaten since you set up tank? They aren't very picky eaters, but switch diet as much as possible. Have you tried live brine shrimp? Usually fish are attracted to moving food. If he isn't interested in that, I think he may be sick. Also try to setup your live rocks with cave area so fish can retreat to safe area. Make sure to test your water JF228, take water samples to Exotic if you don't have test kit. Also record how well tank is running. You may find something is not right. *twirlysmiley*

jf228

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I've had it for a week, and it hasn't eaten anything. I don't know if it gets something at night, but when i feed it it doen't eat, and yes I've tried live shrimp. I'll try to build the caves.

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Sometimes fish get spooked if you stand in front of their tank and gawk at them while they eat. Turn the tank lights off and take a few steps back after you put food in the tank, then watch to see if they eat from across the room.

If the membrane of your fish is peeling, it is probably sick with a bacterial infection. Try some saltwater Maracide, or Triple-sulfa.

~~Colesea