tiretrack eel question

Nov 21, 2005
i have had a tiretrack eel for about a month and was wondering what i could feed him besides guppies. i have been feeding him fancy tail guppies but would like to hold on to the rest of the guppies i have. he doesnt like redworms or wax worms, i have tried feeding those to him. i have been giving him freeze dried blood worms but i dont see him eat those either. if anyone could help me it would be great. he is a small fish yet and can only eat baby guppies and am not sure what to do. he has been doing a magic trick and going in the water filter and i cant keep him out if my life depended on it. im not sure if hes doing it just to catch the food or doing it just to piss me off. in any case any comment would help. thank you!

Sandtiger

Large Fish
Mar 2, 2005
Simi Valley, CA
You could try feeding your eel blackworms. They can be very expensive, but they are loved by (pretty much) all bottemfeeders everywhere. Or you could try small earthworms. They are one of the most ideal live food anywhere because they are terrestrial, not aquatic. That means that they can't give any disease to your fish. You could also try maggots, slugs, june bugs, etc. There's a lot of live food out there. Don't know any good prepard food you could try, sorry.