thinking brackish

Dr.Gonzo

Large Fish
May 21, 2006
Omaha Ne
I just came into a 55gal that I plan on transferring my current black water to. I currently have a mudskipper in that tank (I know the requirements but he was in far worse conditions at the pet store but he seems happy and I've had him for over 7 months so don't flame) but I want to get him into more of a mangrove tank. Being that he seems to hate water would it be okay if I put a puffer in the "pool"? Is there anything that can defend itself from such a grumpy flat mate?

Puffers arent grumpy... they just like their space... ;) . as far as putting one in the "pool" that depends on how big the pool is, and what type of puffer your planning on getting. Green Spotted Puffers require at least 30 gals per puff ( but its not a good idea to have more than one per tank, unless its a huge tank with lots of cove to break up the line of sight in the tank), and F8's require 15-20 gals per puff

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
No they are not. About the only thing you can put in the "pool" that won't bother the mud skipper would be some species of brackish goby. Some like th bumble bee goby are pretty small so I do no know if the skipper would eat them or not. Other possibilities would be white cheek gobies, African gobies, umm night gobies (think that is the name). They are all pretty peaceful and stay large enough the skipper should be able to eat them, but yet do not get very big.

Dr.Gonzo

Large Fish
May 21, 2006
Omaha Ne
The mudskipper never goes in the water he hates it. I've had him with a bunch of tiny fish like the bumble bee gobies and Neons he didn't even notice them. That’s why I figure I could get a puffer to put in there. I would like something that could go in with the puffer or maybe another brackish fish that looks good. How big do scats get?