The Golden Dojo?

Feb 15, 2010
I've read about this loach and I think it's very unique and cute. Apparently this loach can sense a drop in pressure in the atmosphere and predict rain. It goes crazy when the pressure drops and calms down when it starts raining. I've also heard it has a lot of personality. Does anyone have one/owned one before? It's a $10 fish at the local Petsmart and I don't know if it'd be worth that. Does anybody highly suggest it/say I should go for it? Or have any other suggestions for loaches?

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
2 in a 30 would be fine. I had a golden and a regular in a 10 gallon when I first started fish keeping. tank broke and only place I could put them was my 55 cichlid tank. golden got killed but the other one survived and no resides in my 20 gallon. it's favorite spot is the mid level water intake on my filter tube. it will swim up and let the sucction of it hold him there.

as for being 10 bucks that aint bad, one of my lfs's sells them for 15 and 20 miles away from there another one sells them for about 6 bucks.

Last edited:

hayer

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2009
i have one and love him to death! he is active, especially during feeding! he can predicte the weather, but does get big, so make sure you have room for one. it takees a while for them to get big, but they are super hardy, so it does happen.;) if you have room, go for it!