Temperature too warm. Help

Papillon

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Montclair, NJ
Visit site
TEMPERATURE TOO WARM..Help

Hi,

My 3 gallon tank temp is 85 it's too warm for Fiji..... How do I cool it down? I don't have a chiller and can't get one at the moment, what can I do, to make it more comfortable for him, without stressing him out any further...

Thanks..

Marie

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Open the top and point a fan towards it? Freeze some tank water and drop an ice cube or two in the filter if there's room...or put some ice in a bag and float it on the tank.

Make sure the tank is out of direct sunlight. Is it REALLY that hot in your house? yikes.

Papillon

Large Fish
Jun 15, 2003
Montclair, NJ
Visit site
The tank is in my bedroom and it gets quite warm in there.. I have the AC fan on and it points to that direction. I turned the light off. I will put a couple of ice cubes in the filter area and see what happens...

Thanks for the tip, it's warm today with a lovely breeze that's why I didn't put the AC on...

Marie

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Finchy seemed fine at 85F for a little while. I would be worried about dropping the temperature too quickly. A fan sounds like a good idea, I turned off his lamp and tilted the lid so it was open a crack and added some air circulation.

I imagine in the 'wild' the water temp gets close to the high 80's... I wonder want temp is too much?