Tankmates for my pleco;advise please!

Jun 15, 2009
Hi
I have an established 180litre jewel tank planted with some decent bogwood in there too.
My current stock is as follows;
10 neons *6 Black phantom tetra * 6 cobra gupppies * 5 cory cats * 1 x 4.5 inch GOLDEN NUGGET PLECO - BASIL*
Basil is fed on pleco wafers,bloodworm and veggies. He's a happy chap who is really active - I do 10% water changes 2-3 times a week and he seems to be enjoying himself, however I have a smaller tank housing 2 small butterfly catfish and a betta. As I have 5 corys already, will transferring the 2 butterfly cats into the big tank be too many bottom feeders in there - will Basil decide they're a bit too much like a pleco an attack them?!
Any advise much apreciated :)

Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
the catfish may actually cause your pleco more stress and they may be the ones attacking BASIL. anyone ive seen try to keep plecos with catfish the catfish are usually meaner. but dont get me wrong i have seen both kept together and they did fine as long as they stayed out of each others area. and if im correct that pleco wont get that big but those catfish whatever kind they are, should get big