Tanked on Animal Planet

Apr 27, 2012
Pennsylvania
Who else agrees with me that Brett and Wayde from Tanked kill the fish by cycling the tank in 3 hours, acclimating the fish during the cycling, and overstocking the tanks. *ALL*

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
meh. I figure they use 'old' filter media on the new tanks to skip cycling. I personally can't stand the people on that show most of the time, however I love a lot of the tanks they do (and hate my fair share). But at the end of the day they run a business so I'm sure they've got stuff worked out best for them and to keep their customers happy. it wouldn't be a good business practice to have a tank full of fish die in a few days. Not only would that be bad word of mouth, but they probably would have to replace the fish cost out of their own pocket.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Most of what I've seen those guys do is SW, and I have no comment because I don't have the first clue as to what's good and what's overstocked. Really the only FW I can remember seeing have all been Malawi Cichlid tanks (That refrigerator tank was pretty cool, but I image would be a PAIN to keep looking algae free and clean), and those tanks are usually over stocked even in home tanks due to the aggression of the males.

I personally prefer the look of the natural tanks, that is reef tanks and tanks without TV's in them or giant tacky decor lol.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Hey ... don't diss them too much. They may have messed up a bit, but it's not like you know that the fish are always dying. What about the previous tanks that they've done and the same fish are there years later? They have AMAZING ideas, so don't go around with their pic as your avatar and go about dissing them like that. It's just not right ...