Tank stocking suggestions; stuff about my tanks

Seleya

Superstar Fish
Nov 22, 2004
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
I don't know that I would blame the tetras -- it was much more likely the cycling tank that killed him. You haven't said what sort of "algae eater" he was but most options are extremely sensitive to poor water quality. Your fish were probably just taking advantage of an easy meal.

What are your water parameters? Ammonia, Nitrite....

ThePrep95

Small Fish
Apr 9, 2006
Yeah thats probably what it is. I SERIOUSLY doubt the tetras killed him, I'm new at this but I know tetras are peaceful and actually, the algae eaters can get a little aggresive. Him and my rainbow shark chase each other around the 44, but yet they always sleep right next to each other. It is a very odd relationship.

Speaking of odd relationships, just got another dwarf gourami (I will be taking the advice of filling out some schools in my 29, good suggession) and he is picking on the female dwarf gourami? Is this normal? Well, I don't know what it is, he will chase her around a little, then they swim at an awkward angle around the tank like they are eyeing each other up. No clue. But usually when I go to sleep and wake up, turn on the light, and they are right next to each other. Weird.

Last edited: