Storm

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Everything is fine! Was only off 3 hours. Now I need to get to work and get this place cleaned up again - never did get all the water containers put away and some of the clutter in the kitchen from camp style living.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Thank you!! BTW, Kiara, have you ever checked what the going price it for one of the horses? You also need to be practical - those feathered fetlocks don't work well in mud or snow. If you are just going to show that is different, but for riding and actually working all that long hair would get in the way IME. They are apparently known for the high knee action and I wonder how smooth their ride is at any faster gaits. Even within breeds there is a difference in their gaits and how smooth they are. Queen was not a show horse - she wasn't trained, but she trained me. We grew up together and to this day I get tears in my eyes when I think about her. I was 14 when I got her and 43 when she died. Drum and the stallions were all really trained - they knew all the signals. In fact Drum got so when in the show ring, we found him listening to the announcer for what gait he was changing to which isn't good.

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
Aw, I'm sorry about Queen. She must have been a wonderful horse. I've rode on my neighbor's Gypsy Vanner and she canters really smoothly. My neighbor doesn't let Ashton (the horse) go in the low spots of her property when it gets muddy. And, from what I've seen, the snow hasn't been a big issue.

Have you've ever heard of Stacy Westfall?? She's such and idol to me. Here's a video of her on a horse bareback. It's pretty amazing.

[video=youtube;ya409k181kk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya409k181kk[/video]

Last edited:

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Loved watching that! I do not know her, but I have seen a young man out here do a similar routine with a black stallion - think it was an Arab. I haven't been to one of the horse shows for years. Long story, but sometimes in life the road takes a different turn and other things become important - even when you think it could never change.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
Today is the first time I have been out and around. The 30 miles into Olympia was like a tornado had just followed the road and piled the branches and trees on both sides! Back in the woods you could see even more devastation. Some of our drive is on a road through the military reservation and nobody is going to deal with that. It would be impossible to clean it all up and if we have a dry summer we could have major fires. There are huge branches hanging in trees just waiting for the wind to come and knock them down, too. We have been without power three times in the last two days because a branch or tree got dislodged and fell. The power outages have been only 3 -4 hours. It is such a tangled mess and although some of the branches are broken, they are still attached so you can’t simply pull them out. And if they are attached higher up, you can’t reach them, but you can’t get to them with a bucket - and not everyone can afford hiring professionals with equipment - if they could even get to it.