Stocking Questions.....

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
G-Mouse, I know I am a bit partial to figure 8 puffers, but have you considered keeping them in your new (planned) brackish tank? They are so much fun, stay small enough for your tank, and are relatively easy to keep. (Heck, I have kept them for a couple years and if I can keep them then anyone with a tiny bit of know-how can! :) )
If not, here is a site I refer back to all the time, it's such an informative link, it can give you all sorts of possibilities. I think having a brackish tank is a lot of enjoyment. I highly recommend it, even if you can't keep scats and monos like you had planned. There are a lot of other cool tank specimens for a brackish tank!
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/brackish/brackish.html

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I agree with Kelly..........there are many other possibilities for Brackish.....Figure 8 puffers being one. I have 2 of them in a 37gal cube tank and they are pretty much my favorite fish.
I also have a mono and scat in my 46 and the mono is soon to be outgrowing my tank :(. They are fairly fast growers and can reach plate size.

f8fan

MFT Staff
Nov 19, 2004
Bangor, Maine
Great, I'm glad you found it useful. Don't rule out a brackish tank quite yet :). F8 Puffers are so cool, if you got them you wouldn't be sorry....*celebrate