Spittin' Puffer

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
hehehe, my gs puffer is great! he eats out of my fingers(well, i grew out the nails on my thumb and pointer finger to hold the shrimp, less chance of gettin my fingers nipped) he jumps out of the water to grab shrimps, and this morning he busted out a new trick on me:D i was holding the shrimp a little higher then usual, and after a few jumps ending in failure, he SPIT water at the shrimp, knocking it out of my grip!

is that cool or what??:D

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
thanks Velvet:D im glad someone appreciates my ramblings:D

well today i did a water change/ tank redesign, and he doesnt really like me right now:) he only eats a shrimp if i drop it into the tank.

ill buy him some brineys tommorrow at the lfs:D

Last edited:

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
that's pretty cool loach.i have heard of this before.i was reading about puffers and boxfish and the article said that many of these fish can use jets of water to propel themselves or in a captive setting they learn to use their jet to shot water to the surface to attract the attention of their keepers.i just love all the weird things fish can do.who says that fish are dumb pets?

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
not me:D wow madhippoz thats pretty cool, at least they let ya know hehe. i wish i could have gotten some video of when i was cleaning out his tank! he was flying around like a jet in his tank trying to scare me out of it:D never bit me, but hed swim circles around my arm and hand, then dart behind his caverock:D

i love my little guy:D:D:D

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
hehehe mine knows his tank is HIS TANK :D he dont take no crap.
i put some ghost shrimp in there for him the other day(6 of em) hoping some would get to hide and clean the tank up a bit, and he was like "PRESENTS!? FOR ME!? CHOMPOLA!!:D hehehe

Sep 12, 2003
Springfield, MO
I had a sp for a while i called him Hannibal. That little shit ate everything i put in the tank. the only fish that lasted very long was a cory cat(before i knew sp's were brackish) until one day i saw him carrying it around in his little beak. When i walked up to the tank he dropped it like saying NO more fish......