Some of my lovely boys

May 15, 2009
I wish my betta looked so good. But, I was silly enough to put hornwort in his tank and it shredded his fins. I'm still waiting for them to grow back. Now Java moss, THERE'S a plant a betta can live with.

RexyTexel

Large Fish
Apr 29, 2009
Maryland
I have hornwort in my tank and never had a problem with it. Thinking of taking it out though. I don't like the way it looks. Plus I don't want any shredded fins!

Feb 23, 2009
York, UK
i've got a blue and red betta called Omega, but he just sort of hides in the weeds and doesnt come out except to eat. anybody got any tips? he's pretty old, so he might just be swimming off the mortal coil, but it's better to know if there's anything i can do for him

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
yah, avalanche looks as though you had him imported from thailand lol. they all look awsome. mind adding these pics to my betta thread in the photography section of these forums? :)

Doomhed

Large Fish
Feb 11, 2003
Rhode Island
Visit site
get yourself a white/pink female with blue/green/black fins and no red and you can make a TON of money breeding avalanche. Seriously. He has perfect non-red coloration and has a pristine halfmoon and nice shine. If you cross him with a piebalf female with green/blue/black (any one or more of those) fins you will most likely get all butterfly fin fish like him with clear tips, all green, blue and white. And if you can find a halfmoon piebald/marbled female, well, we're talking $50-75 a fish.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
i've got a blue and red betta called Omega, but he just sort of hides in the weeds and doesnt come out except to eat. anybody got any tips? he's pretty old, so he might just be swimming off the mortal coil, but it's better to know if there's anything i can do for him
What size tank is Omega in, and is he by himself? My blue/crimson crowntail, Al, is a hider as well, even though he has an entire 5gal Hex5 to himself. He'll come out if he sees me 'cuz he thinks he's gonna get fed, but most of the time he lurks in the giant plant in his tank.