Small tank, any live plants good?

Aug 29, 2011
Okay, so I have a little freshwater five gallon setup, and it has just gravel on the bottom, and LED lights. Are there any live plants that would do well? It has a small cave and a couple of plastic plants. I was thinking Java moss. would that be able to grow in my tank? Any suggestions are appreciated. Oh, and I'm going to get a small cory catfish. Thanks! *DRUMMER*

Jul 18, 2011
underwater
Okay, so I have a little freshwater five gallon setup, and it has just gravel on the bottom, and LED lights. Are there any live plants that would do well? It has a small cave and a couple of plastic plants. I was thinking Java moss. would that be able to grow in my tank? Any suggestions are appreciated. Oh, and I'm going to get a small cory catfish. Thanks! *DRUMMER*
If I were you, I would either not get a live plant OR take out the fake plants. Live and Fakes don't look good together. Personally, I would get the live plants because they are beneficial to the tank.

Thyra

Superstar Fish
Jun 2, 2010
Yelm, WA
A lot of people mix live and artificial plants, you just have to shop around and get the best looking ones you can for the money - I have some plastic ones that look very good, but some like the silk.