Sick Monodactylus Argenteus

It's very hard to take pictures of this fish cause it is so fast. In the picture you can see the whitish things that are circled. They look like fungus to me but they aren't cottony. They are just on the fin and some are on the body. Please give me some tips and some medications I can use to heal this fish.

The pH is at around 7-7.5
Ammonia = 0
I do water changes once a fortnight or once a week, depending on how full my hands are.

I previously had 4 of them but am now down to 2. The other 2 died of similar causes. I'm not sure what is affecting the mono and I don't want to lose another!
It's very frustrating cause I don't know what kind of disease it is and I cannot find it on the net!

wayne

Elite Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ooh, I've only seen things like this on marines. Send it wetwebmedia.com as well and see what they think? As an emergency measure I'd get ready to give them a salt bath for a while. Do you have a separate tank you can use as a hospital. I might try putting them in one and taking the salinity up with marine salt over the period of a day.
What's you water chemistry like - these fish start freshwater but end up marine, and can deal with high salinitys early on (this one looks small). Acid soft water would make them prone to illnesses and poor health.