shrimp tank

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
hello almost all my fish have died exept for reagan the survivor. i would love to keep shrimp. i was thinking of keeping cherrys and a dwarf gourami. are there any problems with this set up

sounds like it'll work, if you have some plants like java moss or guppy grass that'll be even better (for the shrimps to hide and breed :)) if you are planning to buy the shrimp through the internet i could recomend someone who i am buying cherry shrimp from also, and he also sells guppy grass if you want some but a little of it does come with the shrimp for them to hold onto while being shipped. I bought it off of aquabid from him for $26 for 12 shrimp and free shipping but they all got cooked in the hot weather and died so now he's gonna send me another batch (100% live arival guarentee) and a little more shrimp to make it up to me :D and some amanos too (payed extra 2.50 each) if your interested pm me but i'm sure there are plenty of deals out there that could be better then this one.

NoDeltaH2O

Superstar Fish
Feb 17, 2005
SC
Shrimp tanks are a blast, especially when people come by expecting there to be fish in them. I just dropped 3 dozen ghost shrimp in my quarantine tank to keep as food for my bigger fish and they totally cleaned up the algae problem that I had going rampant in there for months. My Amanos are decimating the algae in my river tank as well. If you are willing to feed shrimp to fish, then dropping a bunch of them in a community tank makes for a fun entertaining evening as well as you watch fish go bonkers for live food, probably for the first time in months or years. My wonders killifish gorged himself on ghost shrimp and still stalks the remaining survivors amongst the very dense tenellus.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
ok i will definetly have enogh mony to do this. i was thinking of changing from gravel to sand. then get some cherries and a dwarf gourami then a 6gal. eclipse for just cherries. this should cost about $100. would this be a good idea? and could you guys post picture of your shrimp tanks.
:)

heres some pictures of mine :D http://www.myfishtank.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28352 the shrimp are near the bottom of thread. Lately all my female shrimp have been growing like crazy and they are really red, red like the red on a cardinal :D i'll see if i have time to get some new pics but i doubt it'll be worth all the trouble of uploading all the pictures. I dont know about the dwarf gourami and cherrys cause aren't gouramis aggresive? if only i could have a shrimp only tank... :(