Show off your Discus!

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
sadly i did get the two wilds like that. those pictures were taken about an hour after i got them.
and for awhile, they looked chubby and happy which stumps me about why they died. :'(

and i believ i have 2 leopard skins but the one with the strip is mixed with a cobalt i beleive. breeder called him a blue turq. but that could be a million things.

but i think Pure has the most beautiful setup and i love the fish too, they look really rounded and everything. are they wilds?

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
The first one is a little footballed, we throught he may have been stunted as he never really grew. But over the last 3 months he has been going through agrowth spurt and is now almost as big and round as pic2.

Cas

Medium Fish
Jan 10, 2007
What is a stress bar can you show me a pic?

I'm thinking of getting a discus or two once my tank has been up and running for a while and they have less of a chance of dying lol, how much space do they need, do they have special needs, what are good types, etc?

Cas :D

Cas

Medium Fish
Jan 10, 2007
Lol i thought they were just stripes as in colouring hehe. So any other answers to my many many many questions haha

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
i would personally say no less than 30g, and then 10g for each after that. they like to be kept in groups so get the biggest tank you can afford to make them happier.
they do have some special needs. they need very prestine clean water, they need a good diet, and stress easily and they kind of need to be in a species only tank.
a planted, bare, or not bare tank is your decision. bare is easier to clean, but i perfer planted, i think it looks nicer. but you can always pot plants and still have a bare bottom tank.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Cas said:
What is a stress bar can you show me a pic?

I'm thinking of getting a discus or two once my tank has been up and running for a while and they have less of a chance of dying lol, how much space do they need, do they have special needs, what are good types, etc?

About 10gal per each adult discus. I hope you arn't planning on putting them in that tank in your sig. :eek: