sharks?

snoce

Large Fish
Nov 14, 2003
nj
Visit site
is there a shark out there that stays small enough for a 29gl tank and get along with 2 cory and 2 algae eaters at the bottom of the tank and also get along with a mix of barbs or is my tank to small for sharks

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
yes and no.as suggested above the red tailed shark fits the match,sorta.while they generaly stay small enough for a tank of this size,it doesn't give room for smaller fish to escape from the shark.red tailed sharks can be highly territorial,especialy to bottomfeeders such as corys.the algae eater would probably not get on to well with the shark.but barbs and the shark sounds perfect.red tailed sharks can grow up to about 6 inches and can put a strain on filtration,so consider a bigger tank in the future(not too big 40-55 gal is plenty)or trade the shark for a younger shark later on.

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
that happens sometimes.most don't get very big but they are quite a sight to behold.red tailed sharks are kinda weird like that.i had one once and the thing grew pretty quickwell for a rts at least.i got an inch out of him in about 3 months time.i got the fish from a friend that had him for about 6 months before that.i think is just a matter of genetics.

catfishmike

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sin City, again...
go on,keep spreading that myth,cause it's a bunch of rubbish and helps no one.not everything you hear is true.plus if fish grew to the size of their tanks then explain all those giant fish for sale at the lfs.i'll tell you right now the sure didn't import them at that size.they grew in someones home tank thats how.