sharks???

Feb 22, 2003
Canada
Visit site
I didn't know where too put this post either cause I don't know where you would write questions to specific people....but this is going out to ecotank & Lotus....Do you seriously have a 18ft great white shark in your back yard????or are you just pulling eveyones leg????If you do have one I'm sorry but I think your nuts...lol...:)

ecotank

Superstar Fish
Aug 30, 2003
Palm Springs, Ca
home.earthlink.net
Actually Great Whites have never been kept alive in captivity for longer than a few weeks. It turns out that the electromagnetic field created by pumping equipment needed to keep the water quality good enough for the sharks, also causes havoc on thier nervous system (they bang against the side of the tank and eventually kill themselves).

Someday someone will create a tank specifically for keeping a Great White for people to view. I'd be world famous if I actually had one in my backyard :D

ecotank

Superstar Fish
Aug 30, 2003
Palm Springs, Ca
home.earthlink.net
Actually the rusty bolt was a cause not the effect so it turns out. Several times Great Whites have been kept in captivity, but all have died or had to be released because they were going to die. The latest finding was that the electromagnetic fields were driving the sharks insane basically, so untill they overcome that issue, your not gonna find a live Great White at Sea World or anyplace else.