Shark Food

Phroge

Small Fish
Feb 20, 2003
Cary, North Carolina
Visit site
Seeing as there seem to be so many folks here that have Columbian Sharks, I was just wondering... what are you feeding them?

I seem to have to vary the food I give mine quite a bit. One day they go nuts over HBH Lobster & Crab bits. The next day they won't touch them, but they'll tear into freezed dried blood worms like a chocoholic into a bowl of Triple Chocolate Ice Cream. The next day they take algee wafers away from the cories. The day after that, they attack a tubflex worm cube like they haven't eaten in a week. The one thing that the don't seem to have interest in at all is other fish. But that's not a bad thing...

-Phroge

madhippoz

Large Fish
Jan 14, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
Mine will eat anything pretty much. I feed them a mix of just plain Tropical fish flake food. Frozen brine shrimp, frozen blood worms/tubifex worms. They also go in for the sinking shrimp pellets, those they like tons. The only thing mine don't touch are the bottom feeder vegetable wafers, they show no interest in them whatsoever. I've also noticed that they are extremely tolerant of other fish. I have a rather big and nasty red claw crab in my tank, and a new 2 inch pleco who both take turns chasing the sharks away from their favorite piece of driftwood. I've never seen my colombians so much as think about retaliating.

Mine don't seem to change, if I put flake food in one day, they eat it, if I put in shrimp pellets the next day, they eat it. Mine don't seem to care, they go nuts anytime I put anything in the tank. Sometimes their a little lazy/dumb though. They often wait for the flake food to sink before they eat it. They swim around in a frenzy on the bottom and middle of the tank knowing the food is there, but won't go to the top to eat it. Only when it starts falling and sinking do they go nuts and eat everything in sight.