Share your discus pics!

lordroad

Large Fish
Sep 2, 2004
Shelby, NC
www.joshday.com
Yep, like the title says...

Here are mine, ones I currently own and ones I've had in the past I've given away to experienced fish keepers.

above pic taken by turfjosh27

Last edited:

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I love the wilds. Been trying to talk the Mrs into letting me have a tank of them for a wile now. I need to get more pics of my guys, man have they grown since this pic.

TLM4x4

Large Fish
Jul 21, 2005
southern oregon coast
one of mine, will try to get pics of the other 3 up too but since they are also in another location at mft it wont let me post the best ones again here grrrr
well that is actually TWO I just realized you can see some of the Tomatoe behind the Powder.
Got another one, and the tomatoe in with it too lol
Got one of my Pidgon as well so they are all there :rolleyes:

Attachments

Last edited:

TLH

Large Fish
Jun 27, 2005
Northants;England
TLM4x4 said:
one of mine, will try to get pics of the other 3 up too but since they are also in another location at mft it wont let me post the best ones again here grrrr
well that is actually TWO I just realized you can see some of the Tomatoe behind the Powder.
Got another one, and the tomatoe in with it too lol
Got one of my Pidgon as well so they are all there :rolleyes:
Host them on Imageshack or a similar site.Easy to do and you can post thumbnails.It doesn't cut into the bandwidth here either.

Nice Discus everyone.Particularly like Pure's pic of the 3 together.Must have taken a while to get that.Pity you didn't clean the glass before hand though.rofl.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Thanks, and yes Pure that is a PB.

Seastar, thanks again, you will be happy to know i got a new Macro lens for christmas, even better for the closeups. I'm gonna try to post some of all my fish tonight. That is of course depending on their mood and willingness to work with me. The discus always are shy so its hard to get a close up of them, maybe i will get lucky. :)

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Unfortunately I got rid of them. When I got rid of alot of my stuff, I decided I would start from scratch again. The germans had to go unfortunately. Right now I just have some young red turqs, and two adults (blue diamond and pbxss)

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Seastar, thanks again, you will be happy to know i got a new Macro lens for christmas, even better for the closeups.
I'm so jealous! I think we have the same camera......Digital Rebal?

I don't want to hijack this thread....but just have a question. I know Discus can be pricey, but the only store around that has them sells for $150. Is that normal?

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Depends on the size and strain. You can easily score them from local hobbyists (some not local) for much cheaper. There is a guy down in Georgia (Ken aka fishfarm) that has wilds and domestics all the time for half, or more than half of what the store near you sells them for. A few of the guys in charlotte have domestics too.

Yes i have a Digital Reb. :)