SALE @ SBT this week! (Colorado)

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Hey, I dont know how many members we have in the Denver metro area...but I found out something today that I figured I'd post just in case someone out there is interested.

One of my favorite fish shops is just off of Hampden and Broadway. Its called South Broadway Tropicals. They've got a pretty extensive list of stocked fish (both fresh and salt) as well as a ton of supplies and they are an AGA (All Glass Aquarium) retailer.

From April 2nd to the 8th, SBT is having their 25 year anniversary sale!! ALL Of their freshwater fish are 50% off (or specially priced), all of their saltwater fish are 25% off (or specially priced), Their AGA Aquarium combos (tank & hood) are 10% off and if you buy the matching stand it is 20% off! They're actually going to have an AGA truckload of stuff there the guy told me on the phone today.

If you'd like more info (or directions to the store) check them out www.southbroadwaytropicals.com

Froggy's gonna get tank I think :) hehe woohoo

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Yep...couldn't resist :) I got myself a bushynose pleco and a new 46G Bowfront tank/stand/hood!! Of course I dont have a filter or anything for it...so its going to have to wait a few weeks before I can set it up. (we're moving, so I figure its a good start to the new house hehe)

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I'm gonna go crazy looking at it sitting in my office empty! lol -=happy dance=- Roommate wants me to give her my 10G :) I told her that I'd give it to her when I got another big tank, so she's happy about it too.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Umm, so am i still suposed to smack you to keep you from doing exactly what you just did? :D

Congratulations!!!!!

I kinda figued you were leanin twords a bow front after what you said the other day. New house, new tank, it just doesnt get any better than that!

So, whats going in there?

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Yeah...I tried to get roomie to keep me from getting it...but it wasn't very effective because she wanted me to get it as much as I wanted to get it :) I asked her in the store I was like "Hey manda...what do you think??" She laughed and she goes "well if you get it I get one of your other tanks so go for it!" The sales guy laughed cuz he knew he had me in the bag.

Going in it um...actually Orion I sent you an email about it :) lol But right now I'm thinking a pictus cat, an angelfish, my 9 blue tetras and 2 danios from the 10G, a big snail and then that leaves like 10 inches or so for ?? something else. I have awhile to think about it though since we're not going to start moving until at least the 15th, then of course there's cycling for a week or two. So unfortunately there's going to be some overlap between moving and cycling...I might try to move the new tank VERY first thing and get it cycling so I can move the fish into it directly instead of moving all the tanks and setting them ALL back up at the new house and THEN rearranging all the fish.

Orion

Ultimate Fish
Feb 10, 2003
Kentucky
www.thefishcave.net
Heh, I never said that I checked my email alot on the weekends.... :rolleyes:

As much as it sucks to see an empty tank around the house, I think that would be best. This way it gives you more time to find the cichlids you want to put in it. *BOUNCINGS No actualy it would give you more time to decide the final stock list, where its going to go, who is going in it and so fourth.