SAE problems

Jul 25, 2003
San Diego, Ca
Visit site
ok, i just saw my SAE today and saw he is somewhat bloodshot.the point where his fins and fins meet are all red/bloodshot.His face and lower jaw is kinda red/bloodshot from what ive seen,too.

he is still eating and scraping algae tho. but he is not as active as he was(cos he is resting, he doesnt rest at day)

my water parameters are:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0-5
pH:8.2
kh:6
Gh:15
Tank Size: 75 gallons
Residents: 20 zebra danios,10 tiger barbs, 3 SAE, 2 bala sharks, 1 red tailed shark, 1 syno eupterus.
Lighting: 1 triphospor(40 watts), 1 Ultralume(40 watts), 1 plant and aquarium light(40 watts),1 cool white lamp(36 watts)
Filters: 1 aquaclear 500, 1 aquaclear 200

I added diy injection and my ph now is 7.8 but i dont think its the ph shift(.4 is kinda normal). i dunno whats going on:-(

dana307

Large Fish
Jan 6, 2003
Massachusetts
I had that red at the fins thing with a firemouth and a few others. Was told it was likely ammonia burn. Brought one to the LFS for diagnosis. Make sure your test kit is accurate maybe by having the LFS double check the parameters. OTher than that, I don't know. My fish croaked after having these symptoms for a week or more. Hope yours don't. Good luck.