RIP Midas

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Well, damit lost Midas, my goldfish today. He struggled with bacteria and fungus infections for a few weeks until he could no longer swim properly because his tailfin was gone and it spread to his body.

I treated him with anti-fungus and anti-bacteria agents and salt, fresh water every 2nd day. Poor little guy, he was the biggest fish when he first came home with me, and he ended up the smallest before he died.

He was eating also up to today.

Fin-rot has killed 3 of my goldfish, regardless of the medications. I just cannot seem to save them from that disease.

Note, all the fin-rot goldfish cases came within days of getting them from the store. My 4 other goldfish are perfectly fine.

I think the store has a bad fin-rot issue, so I will not buy another goldfish from them. I had a 60% mortality rate from them and I don't believe my tank conditions are the cause.

So, for all you enthusiasts out there that wants to 'save' a goldfish beware, sometimes there is nothing you can do, and you still feel bad when they die :(

Iggy

Superstar Fish
Jun 25, 2003
Leduc, AB, Canada
Visit site
Thanks for everyones condolences, it helps :)

Sure Exodon, and more information will help with the 5 goldfish I have now in case they get sick in the future.

We have a new goldfish, Seapick, just a little guy right now, who looks in good shape.

mariners

Large Fish
Aug 31, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
i had the same problem with guppies and tail rot, i bought 6 from a lfs and within a week all of them had developed serious tail rot or was dead, and i know it wasnt me because id had guppies already in that tank and there were fine but cos of these stupid ones the tail rot has spread to them aswell at one point i had 8 guppies now i have 1 that is basically on its last legs, and now!! i think one of the mollies i bought has infected my tank with ich because all my fish are what i call "iched" now.