RIP Iris

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Well, my lil' kitty Iris suffered a stroke yesterday (or so the vet and I think), I was holding out hope that maybe she'd be OK, she had lost most of her motor skills on the right side of her body, but after meeting with the vet this afternoon, it was painfully clear I had only one option :( I miss her so bad.

Here is the most recent pic of her.

She has a neat story: Her mommy was hit by a car shortly after birth, and somehow her and the rest of her litter wound up in the Walmart garden center, well one of the employees there took all the kitties home with her.

Funny thing, she had a mommy rotweiler nursing pups of her own at home.....She allowed Iris and her siblings to nurse with her pups (pics below)
anyway, unfortunately all but 2 of the litter passed away, all that remained were Iris (the runt) and her brother Stuart, the lady took them to Animart (in Madison) As soon as I saw them in the cages, I promptly adopted both of them, Stuart is still with me. The lady who raised them was kind enough to give me the whole story along with the pictures she took.

Here's a couple with mommy rotweiler, Obviously Iris is the lil' grey one, Stuart is one of the orange tabby cats.

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
Aww, she was beautiful! What a great story to go along with her as well! I lost my wonderful 16 year old cat in December and it's very hard. I hope Stuart makes her proud. :)

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
Sorry about that, Denny. Hopefully Stuart won't be too lonely without her.
That's one heck of a story though! Nice of you to provide such a good home for them...even if it is a bit of a nut-house at times. :eek:

BV

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Thanks for the kind words everyone. It's been a rough couple few days, my daughter took it the worst :(

We found a nice little place at grandmas farm, to bury her, my daughter insisted on being the one to place her in the ground (very touching moment). Once the ground gets back to normal, we're going to plant an Iris there just for her. :(

MissFishy

Superstar Fish
Aug 10, 2006
Michigan
I know this is a few days late, but what we do with our deceased pets (excluding fish, well depends on how you look at it) is get them cremated (the vet will do this) and then put their ashes in their favorite spot. Our dog's ashes went into Grand Traverse Bay in front of our cottage, because that's where he was always happiest, swimming around the beach. My cat's ashes went outside under his favorite bush. So I suppose (minus the cremation part) the fish are happiest in water...so flushing them counts too? hmm