RIP Davy Jones

Apr 3, 2007
Knoxville Area
Today is a sad day at our house. After the recent Blue Cray excitement here on the board, I got bit by the bug and decided to go out and get one of these cute little buggers. A little over a week ago, we adopted Davy Jones The Electric Blue Cray from our LFS. He seemed happy, healthy, and very beautiful. He ate well, took enthusiastic swipes at his tank mates, and protected his shrimp pellets from the evil platies. We noticed he was about to molt a few days ago, by the white line down his back. Yesterday, I got up to turn the tank lights on, found him laying on his back beside his newly moulted carapace. He was barley moving :( I immediately tested the water - which turned out to be within good parameters. I wasn't sure what to do for him, so I netted out the platies and turned out the lights on the tank. Davy was dead within a few hours. I can only speculate that he ran into problems during his molt? *sad sigh* I have a great video of him, which I'll try to post later if I can get photobucket to cooperate.