Regarding Jonah Mowry...

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
I know we have some young members here, so I wanted to start a thread to talk about this.

In the past we have discussed bullying in The Lounge before, but I wanted to start a new thread for newer members to maybe share experiances and have a place to talk about it in case they have no where else.

Whether he is telling the truth or not, I give him major props for having the courage to do this video. I doubt it changed things at school for him, though, sadly.

When I went to school, I know kids who were bullied pretty bad. Shoved into lockers, kicked, and then there was even more name-calling. I always thought it was confusing how the bullies were teacher's pets. They'd "hang out" during class, make jokes, ect. They got away with a lot.
Some of the really popular kids were the biggest bullies, while others were really cool and would talk to anyone. There were a lot of unpopular kids who were even bigger bullies than the popular kids, broke the cliche of popular kids being bullies, for sure.
I was one of the kids who went unnoticed through Jr. High, so I saw a lot and kept my mouth shut. During High School I made friends with a lot of the kids who were bullied-and suffered for it.
There was a girl, Emily, a really good friend. Tiny girl with bad eyesight, so she wore thick glasses, then during P.E. had to wear goggles so her glasses didnt fall off by chance. Super cool girl, though.
I started being called a lesbian because I guess during P.E. girls thought I was staring at them (one in particular not even cute, and to think we were friends for yeaars on the same soccer team!!)
Another girl, (another Emily!) Super good at drawing and sooo smart when it came to the subjects she was intrigued by. She was made fun of because she liked anime and took japanese, and she was big and tall. But she was so sweet.
And to think...this one girl, Lauren. Nicest girl IN THE WORLD. Nicest girl I have ever met, which she was too peppy for me so I honestly couldnt stand her much. but she aways was so cheerful! think the perfect cheerleader (nice and always happy) on crack. She was that happy :) always complimenting, always knew when someone was sad to cheer them up. but she put herself down constantly...which is why it was hard to be around her. "your so good at this...wish I was good at something" kinda stuff is what she would say. And she was made fun of for whatever reason. or ignored when she talked to people.

Senior year was prob the hardest, I was pregnant that year. I had messed up and was wrong about a guy, so then the rumors went around bad for me. I slept with a 40 year old (no!), i slept with someone for drugs, then money, then i drank vampire blood (???), and ate raw meat, and it went on to many more. I laughed them off, by that time I was over highschool and realizing what it takes some people years more to figure out.

But some of it still stuck. I am now 22, I have had 3 people text me that I went to school with (they'd gotten my number off FB) and APOLOGIZE for how I was treated. and they werent even the ones doing it, but they felt bad they didnt stop it. felt good, for sure. and then a ton of others, popular people who ignored me my entire school career, message me on fb, ect.

i wish i knew then what i know now, so i share all this hoping it changes someone, for just a moment even. and if you need to talk, i am here :) message me or whatever. always open to a convo (stay at home mom leaves me craving human communication ha.)

To close, I think it is great that he is getting so much support. Feel free to respond or share stories.

And something to remember also...most bullies are bullies for a reason. Some have been abused, others bullied when they were kids. in a perfect world...things would be better.