• Could be better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plain ugly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
20 gallon long, Whisper EX30 filter, black sand, wand, skull and spinning water wheel bubblers. Colorful plants enhanced by the black sand and dark background.
Hope you like.
1-10 Tell me what you think :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Monoxide

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2008
Theres few things and Ideas. The tank it looks good but I am not one of those people that really care for the "so many neon/bright color plants. But the tank itself is nice and well kept. Also theres an idea of sometimes adding many more fake plants to make it look more natural and etc.. But the tank is very good for what you have done with it.

May 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
Thank you for your opinion. I do not want to add more plants due to having sand. What happens is being the waste sits on top, it tends to float around, get caught and make the plants look dirty so the less plants, the less cleaning of excess waste. Plus the kind of fish in there like the open swimming areas.

May 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
in reply to orangecones...
I have a BS in Biology and an MS in marine biology from Stony Brook (NY). As for the fish outgrowing, I also have a 75 gallon which I transfer them into once they outgrow the smaller one. I usually start them in the small tank to serve a purpose until they "upgrade" to the larger one. I also keep the little tank for the smaller ones like the tetras, barbs, etc. Once I transfer them, I get a smaller replacement and put them in the 20 gallon. So right now in the 75 gallon I have 3 bala sharks, about 7-9" each, 2 kissing gouramis about 5-6" each, 3 clown loaches, about 6" each and 6 giant danios, about 3-4" each. All started in the small tank and moved up to the big one.

tim3d

Medium Fish
May 15, 2010
Montreal, quebec, canada
In terms of color schemes its great, good contrast, and very "flashy". A tank like this makes it easy to see fish without having to focus to much. Which is why i recently started a small 20 gallon with white substrate and the bright fluorescent plants. Literally last night. lol. I'm waiting to fix the cloudiness before i take pictures and post. But otherwise your tank is great.

Now as for negatives.... there is quite honestly only one thing that gets me, and this is purely a personal preference kind of thing. I would remove the skull and put something else as a center piece. Perhaps something to tie together the colors in the tank. It can still be white, the color isnt the problem, its the shape. But again, i just personally dont care for the skulls, sunken treasure chests, etc. kind of things.

Anyways. Check out my 32 that i posted and let me know what you think, and ill be happy to get some feedback once i get my 20 gal pics up. :)

Keep it up.