Raggedy finage

tramca

Large Fish
Mar 10, 2003
Liverpool/England
Visit site
I bought my red Betta 2 days ago. He has taken well to his tankmates and seems happy enough. As we are new to tropical fish keeping, we watch the fish on a regular basis, looking for the first signs of anything going wrong. All the fish seemed healthy and happy, but this morning, when doing my ritual head count, I noticed the fins on my betta appear ragged and torn. It's the fin underneath him, and although in pictures I've seen small raggy sections near the ends of the tails.....his was the same.....it is now looking holey and "seperated". Am I doing something wrong. None of the other fish have been nipping him, I'm certain of that.
Is it natural for their tails to appear this way. I dont care that he looks bedraggled....he's my baby....I just need to make sure he's not sick.

Tra

tramca

Large Fish
Mar 10, 2003
Liverpool/England
Visit site
Thanx Colisa.......but I may have found out what is causing the problem, could it be the fake plants we have in the tank?
He spends a lot of time in there and it's only his underfins that are affected. His tail is ok.
I'll keep you posted.