R.I.P. Otto

I have no idea what happened. :(

Last night he looked a little bloated but I figured he ate a little too much...then this morning he was even more bloated, floating at the back of the tank, dead of course.

Now Sonja's all alone in there. Should I get more? I can't guarantee their fry will survive and they aren't nearly big enough to go in the 55g yet.

:(

The only visible algae I have is brownish and they won't touch it. It's not really bothersome either because it doesn't grow too fast; I scrape it off the glass every week.

I am STILL paying off the 55g, so I have no cash handy. I'll probably wait until next month unless Sonja starts acting weird and needs a buddy.

emmanuelchavez

Superstar Fish
Feb 22, 2008
How about I put the otos (Sonja and the fry once they are large enough) in with Weebo and get a rubberlip for the other side of the tank. Then I'd still have otos and the pleco could eat as much as he wants without getting in the way of the otos.
Sounds reasonable... especially since I'm now considering a rubberlip myself for my 100g. *BOUNCINGS

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
How about I put the otos (Sonja and the fry once they are large enough) in with Weebo and get a rubberlip for the other side of the tank. Then I'd still have otos and the pleco could eat as much as he wants without getting in the way of the otos.
Will the otos last long with a puffer? I guess since that danio can live with him, so can an oto...

Sounds reasonable... especially since I'm now considering a rubberlip myself for my 100g. *BOUNCINGS
Please tell me that's a typo!!! :p

Will the otos last long with a puffer? I guess since that danio can live with him, so can an oto...
They're one of the few fish recommended to keep with dps. I kept two of them with Weebo in the 5g for quite a while. Now that Weebo has almost a third of the tank (that will decrease as soon as I get a bigger filter), they should be fine.