Quick Question

xarumitzu

Large Fish
Jun 27, 2009
Kalamazoo, MI
I would like to know what bottom feeder would be good for my tank. I have a 10G and would like to have 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 2 Red Wag Platies, 3 Neon Tetras, and a clown Pleco. I have been advised that the Clown Pleco would be a no go. Is there a better alternative?

stacic8679

Medium Fish
May 18, 2009
indiana
Not an expert but that seems like a lot of fish for a 10 gallon tank. And from what I have been told you don't want to put more than one dwarf gourami in a tank. They can get territorial. And the tank may even be too small for one dwarf gourami. Just my opinion. Hopefully some of the experts will weigh in on your question too. Good luck

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
just stick with one gourami... the ten is okay enough for the dwarf but with two in that size you can expect some aggression... the clown pleco or any pleco gets too large and poops too much for a ten,... look into to albino or panda cories or otos... but even with 3 tetras, 2 platies, and a gourami.. you tank is stocked enough.... sorry.. if you want more get a bigger tank..

xarumitzu

Large Fish
Jun 27, 2009
Kalamazoo, MI
just stick with one gourami... the ten is okay enough for the dwarf but with two in that size you can expect some aggression... the clown pleco or any pleco gets too large and poops too much for a ten,... look into to albino or panda cories or otos... but even with 3 tetras, 2 platies, and a gourami.. you tank is stocked enough.... sorry.. if you want more get a bigger tank..
Understood.

Nov 19, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
clown pleco's only get to 3" so i wouldnt see why it wouldnt be a good bottom feeder for you. it would get along with everything else you have listed. and i would also say only do 1 gourami as they do become more and more territorial the older and larger they get.