Quick question

BigCiX

Large Fish
Dec 6, 2002
Bakersfield, Ca
Visit site
i want to buy a discus buy want to know if any of you owners out there have discus that live with other fish. right now i have 2 angels, 4 tigers, 1 black ghost, 2 tetras, 1 serverum, 1 pictus catfish, and 3 algae eaters. can they live with these guys in peace. also how many water changes do i have to do a month? thanks for the help.

Titan_113

Small Fish
Feb 4, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
First of all, how big is your tank. Once we know that then we can gauge how many water changes are needed. Anyway I dont think those fish are all good tankmates. Angel's often carry deseases deadly to Discus and a group of tiger barbs would nip at the discus causing stress which in turn equals death. What are your water paremeters?

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
I would advise not to put them with the angels, unless however if your angels are very docile or if you get like 4 discus. Anyway, how big is your tank? What are the water parameters? I would also be a little worried about the tiger barbs because they may nip at your discus. Also the severum gets to be about 10 inches. So basically what Titan said...

On my discus tank i used to do atleast 40%water changes daily, for good growth. But now i do 95% daily because it is very overstocked. Also with smaller discus you should feed about 3 times a day.

Good luck,

Daniel