Questions about Ryukins and Lionheads

seaweed

New Fish
Aug 2, 2005
North California
I have 2 ryukins. One is almost all gold with a little bit of white. The other is red, orange and white. I heard that a gold colored Ryukin fish would probally turn white and a white would probally turn red over time, however I seen some tri-color ryukins online. Is it possible that these red and white ryukins could develop black or brown over time?

I also have this wierd brassy metalic lionhead that I had for about 10 months now. This fish has grown alot however it has very little wen growth (the warty stuff on the fish's head). I feed it Hikari lionhead, brineshrimp, and bloodworms because I heard that this could help speed the growth of the wen. Is there anything else I can do to help the wen grow faster?

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
1. I dont think it will change color that much, usually they just slightly change in intensity or pattern, no really new colors.

2. How old and how big is the fish? The wens come when they are a bit older. One lionhead I had years back took a while to get the growth because I got it real young.