Puff Pictures...

JNevaril

Large Fish
Jul 10, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
Here are a few pics of my puffers after they ate....

they're curious about the camera, but when it gets too close to the tank, they bolt... Sorry these are sooooo large.....

One that was curious....

JNevaril

Large Fish
Jul 10, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
Toam--

They're pretty easy, you just have to keep a REALLY clean tank. Currently, they are in a 10 gal. tank, b/c they are maybe an inch long. They have 2 HOB filters running, one for a 10 gal and one for a 15 gal...so their water gets filtered about.......20 times an hour..lol!

They are in brackish water, temp around 80 degrees....

I have to vaccuum their gravel about once or twice a week, depending on what they've ate.........

Umm...they need lotsa plants for hiding spaces, b/c they will get very territorial when they get older...

They eat ALOT and are VERY messey!!! They will eat frozen brine shrimp..bloodworms, and live snails......

All in all, they're pretty easy to care for if you keep your water pristiene (sp?)

:)

and..if you ever get them, they are often mislabled.....!!! mine were labled as Dwarf's...which are freshwater.....these are green spotted....brackish water.

JNevaril

Large Fish
Jul 10, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
hehe. i am the same way. especially when i am at the fish store, and i see people making poor choices (i.e. Customer: "I am returning these fish because they died twenty minutes after we got home" (hands bag of dead gouramis/goldfish to pet store employee) Employee: "How did they die?" Customer: "I don't know, we just put water in the tank and put the fish in." Employee: "Did you use water conditioner?" Customer: "What's that?"

ARGH!!!! I have to control myself from going over there and telling them that they're fish killers and should at least KNOW something abot fishkeeping before killing a LIVING CREATURE!!!

I also get pissed when parents buy goldfish bowls for their screaming kid....I glare.

Sometimes I growl at the kid...

JNevaril

Large Fish
Jul 10, 2005
Lincoln, Nebraska
There was one time where my jaw dropped at the fish store, and one of the employees came over to ask me if everything was okay.

LOL...

some kid wanted a triggerfish for his fishbowl. AND THE PARENT SAID OKAY.

If I didn't say something to the fish store employees, they would've sold it to them!!!