plz tell me how to keep puffers

CoNMaN

Large Fish
Jul 1, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Visit site
whoa whoa whoa, You cant just tell someone how to keep puffers. THey are sooo many kinds and they all have different needs. You need to decide what kind of puffer you want to keep and if you have the tank to keep them happy. Then you can start to build your tank around it.

GrImLoCk

Large Fish
Oct 2, 2003
Aag Town
Visit site
get a minium size tank of 20 gallons if your planning on keeping a figure 8 or green spotted puffer which most lfs sells...don't worry about ph too much you won't be able to control that they will aclimate themself to your water as for temps they're like tropical fish 78-81....oh yea don't just go brackish right when you get your puffers either b/c most lfs keeps theirs in fresh water so make sure u ask what their salinity level is....and if u want to go all out on your puffers...than get the aqualog book fresh and brackish water puffer and read as much as u can b4 u get one

420Loach

Superstar Fish
May 26, 2003
Makaha, Hawaii
Visit site
green spotted puffs are great:D idk how many you can keep in a tank, cause i only have one. the last time i went to the lfs they had alot, but they were all beating on each other, of course there were about 15 in a 20 gallon (ugh.:() i think you might be able to keep a few young ones together, but i heard they get meaner as they mature.