Plecos......

D

discusaquarium

ok, i have a sailfin pleco. it's about 5" long and it cant seem to stop making so much waste!! it's in my 55G with my discus and it keeps the tank clean other than the poo that it leaves behind. either its eating and digesting too much or what, i dont know how to stop it from making so much waste! he's perfectly healthy, and my tank has a little bit of algae here and there, and its planted also. the waste left behind is very unsightly and i dont like it at all. can anyone help?

Ovrclckd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I had at one time a 14", an 8" and a 6" sailfin pleco. They create a lot of waste... theres absolutely nothing you can do about it.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
My pleco is about 5" now and he has started to create a lot of waste I have noticed. My gravel vaccumm helps out a lot! Try and get one of those. They are really cheap. About $7 or so. I got mine at wal-mart. They have some good fish supplies. ;D

D

discusaquarium

i have a gravel vacuum. i vacuum once a week and it's still very ugly.

D

discusaquarium

i just hate vaccuming, and i really hate doing it to suck up pleco S***. lol

Oct 22, 2002
well this maybe technical, but try it anyway...
capture your pleco..get a plastic cutting board..
extend your pleco fins..but place him bum side  facing you..punch thumb tacks thru his fins so it can't squirm around...take one tube of super glue and...glue his bum shut...this should eliminate any further waste problem...just think, the nerve of this fish messing up your tank with all that poo..
good luck   ;D

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Are you serious ??? That was just a joke! Oh no my innocent little pleco is going to die now :'( Why would you say somthing that's untrue to someone stupid like me? Now he's going to die.......

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
[quote author=Bettaman_shane link=board=bottomfeeder&num=990756310&start=15#15 date=05/27/01 at 11:07:47]
This is great theres a sale on plecos at my lfs today and i can get them for $1 a piece ;D ;D
[/quote]

i hate you  :'(

D

discusaquarium

haaaaahahahahahahahaaaaa if it were only that simple.... hahahaaaaaaaaaahha that was a good one. 8)

D

discusaquarium

i know, that glue just keeps getting more expensive all the time doesnt it?

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[quote author=discusaquarium link=board=bottomfeeder&num=990756310&start=0#14 date=05/27/01 at 08:26:02]
i know, that glue just keeps getting more expensive all the time doesnt it?
[/quote];D HAHAHAHAHAHA ;D