planted tank question

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
No, according to general concensus, you won't need to add iron, since there is such a high volume of iron in the flourite anyway.

Here is a link to information on the Aponogeton Madagascariensis

http://www.tropica.com/89.htm

caoc

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
here i go again, i have a 46g bow front planted tank with flourite base and gravel over the flourite, would like to know if i still need to add the iron tabs once a month since i have the flourite base.

Would also like information or to be directed to information regarding Lace Madagascar (Aponogeton Madagascariensis)

SegaDojo

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.intergate.ca
when you say iron tabs.. do you mean flourish tabs from Seachem and Root tabs from Aquarium Pharmeceuticals?

if so, then I would still add them.  I noticed that some deficiencies show up without the tabs.  The thing is that the tabs don't just provide iron, but all the other micronutrients as well.

some plants like the apon bulbs, or crypts would definitely benefit from added substrate fertilizers b/c they are such heavy root feeders.  For apon bulbs, if the substrate ferts are not provided, it may end up using its stored "energy" in its bulb and the bulb will eventually rot.

I think that 1/3 or 1/2 a piece of Jobes 13-4-5 sticks would be a great addition to the aponogeton madagascariensis.