Pictus Catfish stuck in net

bandito41

Large Fish
Dec 6, 2005
Coolville, Ohio
I just recieved a 43gal tank a couple weeks ago. I was transferring fish from one tank to another. Then when I finally caught my Pictus Catfish he got stuck in the net. He stuck his fins into the netting and was stuck. I had to cut the net to get him loose. In the process he tore up his fins but he swims fine even though he has tiny pieces of net on his fins. He doesn't act like he is hurt so I guess he is fine. I will remove the net from his fins soon.

Dec 13, 2005
des moines, Iowa
Hi, im new on here.I have a 29 gallon tank with 6 cichlids,2 plecos,and 1 catfish.It is very new and almost done cycling. I had a cat fish do the same thing,His side fins are very sharp bones and they were stuck in the net.I had to cut up the net and he still has a small piece on one fin,his fin is all chewed up with white cloudy stuff on it.It happened about a week ago.But he is acting fine and swimming all around.He is a tough little guy and one of the oldest fish in there.Im afraid to get teh small piece off because im sure ill cut him up more trying to get it off.

Dec 13, 2005
des moines, Iowa
Yeah my catfish is doing good now.His fin fell off with the net and a new fin is growing back.His whisker is also growing back.Hes a tough little b******!I also have a blue cichlid with a white eye though.

Last edited by a moderator: