carpinte
carpinte 2
midas
red devil
better pic to see the hump that my 3.5" GT already got
female heros notatus
sal pic again
and one more of the sal :)

now i need your help to Re ID this one... he got a bit bigger than last time... the "XXX" cichlid
xXx
closer of xXx

and some tank pics
tank pic
and another angle
and another...
and finally the last one :)
enjoy and i will be waiting to hear your comments and your help on the ID
some more pics
right now in the very big tank i got : 3 nicaraguenses (1m 2f) 2 salvinis, 2 tiger oscars, 2 jewels,2 female convicts (dont want another couple in the tank!! jewels already having a fry), 1 GT. 1 Jack dempsey, 2 Heros Notatus (pair), 8 tiger barbs, (bought 8 silver dollars but are all gone!!prob JD killed them and ate them), 1 fire mouth, 1 carpinte, 1 bifasciatum, 1 xxx cichlid, 1 synodontis eupterus, geophagus surinamensis (RIP...salvini got him :( )
in the other tank: 1 midas, 1 i am not sure if midas or red devil, 2 jaguars, 1 loisellei, 2 male heros notatus (they got no problem at all), 1 female gold severum, 1 panaque nigrolineatus, 1 synodontis eupterus, 1 platydoras costatus, 1 synspilum, 1 male carpinte

here are some pics i took before an hour any and all comments/criticizin are acceptable and welcome..
heros notatus pairing off
facial close up of jag
the fangs of a jaguar :D muahaha hmm is this jag a male or a female?
mr bad guy salvini!
sal peckin at gravel
peckin again..he is always hungry
nigro panaque
female carpinte got a bit mad
male heros
nic
female carpinte again
firemouth
firemouth II
the smaller outa the two jags i got atm
the 4"er jag
the male carpinte
the firemouth was posing all the time..couldnt resist
my male jewel
panaque nigro again
female jewel guarding nest
enjoy! :bounce:
and here are some more ^_^
okay here are more pics that i got today! i want you to see the difference between the salvinis and tell me if you see a pair... thx
nicaraguense
Male jewel lifalili , female carpinte Faceoff
small female convict
the other salvini
the mouth of the panaque nigrolineatus
platydoras costatus
close up of male carpinte
the bigger GT :D
the synspilum
the two salvinis..male female?
tail of jewel and fry!!!
pair and fry down at the driftwood
male heros notatus
male carpinte
my other male notatus
here goes some more pix of the XXX
XXX flaring at me!!!!
xxx flaring again :D
male notatus and salvini behind him
two tiger oscars
and the pic of the owner ^^
sorry for the HUGE thread

AnThRaXiD

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2003
EUROPE
Visit site
oops forgot... they were 15 tiger at the beggining and 10 silver dollars.. now there are 8 barbs and 0 dollars^^
although are doing fine atm! i bought all those almost at the same size in the same day!
the GT ate a female betta that i threw in there at the beggining with the tiger barbs to cycle the water i will post pics in a sec

Flex26

Large Fish
Apr 21, 2003
Delaware County, PA
Visit site
Sweet tank, Anthrax. You have some really cool fish in there. I think the pic of the GT with a tail hanging out of his/her mouth is interesting.

I would love to see a pic of the whole tank. But at 450g I guess it's tough to get a good pic of the whole tank. ;)

AnThRaXiD

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2003
EUROPE
Visit site
yes i am very proud of it! ^_^
i keep it in my living room! i am planning in the next year and meanwhile to create at least 3 more tanks...
1 will be 500g or 600g to get a pair of Umbriferum
the other will be 175g and the smaller will be about 120g i want to keep discus in the 120g and african probably malawi mbunas or tanganyikan shell dwellers!

AnThRaXiD

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2003
EUROPE
Visit site
change of plans...cuz of the room i got the 175 will change to 221g size will be 150cm L x 80cm H x 70cm W
and the 120g will be changed to 88g and the size will be 60cm L x 80cm H x 70cm W
i hope through this year i will be able to create them all wish me luck!

AnThRaXiD

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2003
EUROPE
Visit site
lol... i think i am gonna call you ^_^
well he is a jouvenile .. got him before a month and was 2" and now its 4.5"... no female or male convicts can grow that fast.. also i got two female convicts atm..
its surely some kind of vieja but not sure which one..
btw this size is the final size that a male convict cant attain is 6" and no convict can reach adult size in just a month or two :/

Flex26

Large Fish
Apr 21, 2003
Delaware County, PA
Visit site
Originally posted by AnThRaXiD
change of plans...cuz of the room i got the 175 will change to 221g size will be 150cm L x 80cm H x 70cm W
and the 120g will be changed to 88g and the size will be 60cm L x 80cm H x 70cm W
i hope through this year i will be able to create them all wish me luck!
Man, you're gonna have some serious tanks in your living room. I hope you don't have to move any time soon.....;)

AnThRaXiD

Large Fish
Mar 9, 2003
EUROPE
Visit site
well the xxx has grown more it reaches 5.5" in just a month!!! while i got him at 2".... i dont think ANY convict grows 3.5" per month in jouvenile stage... so convicts are purple with black lateral lines.. he got no purple at all, he had brown with some black lateral lines and now the brown turns into red and blue and green speckles are covering his body...