photography tips?

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
try a black or a dark blue back round i have a dark one with a mirror finish.it will give you more light plus make your plants look thicker.lfs 5$.if you like that kind of back round ill tell you how to use oil to make it self stick

mann

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2002
seattle, wa
Visit site
I beleive it's a 37 gallon tank and I currently have 2 30W bulbs in the hood, so approaching 2W/gallon. I'm trying to figure out how to bump this up some more without replacing the hood. The lights are on for 12 hours a day and are exposed to the water (ie no glass top). I dose with Seachem Flourish every other day. Substrate is just sand - I've thought about mixing some Flourite in there, but more likely I'll just settle for some root tabs. I've just started CO2 injection and I don't think it was running yet at the time of these pictures. I have a DIY 2liter and the Hagen setup both running into the Hagen switchback bubble diffuser. My filter is an Aquaclear 200 HOB and I also have a small powerhead for circulation.

Riss

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Brisbane, Australia
The best way i've found is....if your digital camera has a tripod...use that with the night shots option on. So turn all your lights off except the tank. But make sure you use a tripod because the shutter speed is slow and it will blur if you move your hand even the slightest.

SLO-Dean

Large Fish
Jan 27, 2003
SLO, CA
Visit site
Tank looks GREAT! I love the arrangement.

I also get my best pics at night with just the tank lights. Other lights always reflect on the glass making more like a mirror. Best if just lit from within.

So, what's in the tank? (I see Harlequins)

mann

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2002
seattle, wa
Visit site
Thanks, slo. I'm going to be mixing it up some very soon - Time to get the hygro out of there and get something else that behaves itself a little better. Haven't figured out what yet.

Livestock is 8 harlequins, a few white clouds, couple rainbows, dwarf puffer, bristlenose plec, opaline gourami, and 3 clown loaches.