photography tips?

SoulFish

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Florida
www.rainbowaquatics.com
im not sure i understand what you are saying steve, are you saying that pictures dont blur if you take from angle without flash? that is untrue, pictures blur without flash because light does not enter the lens in high amounts fast, it takes longer for the camera to get the ammount of light resulting in a slower shutter speed which causes the picture to be blurred, try taking a picture with flash at an angle so light reflects away, is the mirro rhte backgruond on teh tank? if not you could stick a sheet over the back so it would not glare off this or get a reflection of you in the picture

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
the flash shows alot of glare and reflection.my tank has alot of light(1 50/50and1 10,000 watt)even window light puts a glare on it. as for taking pics on an angle.my digital camera has no shutter settings.when you take a pic of a fish it is moving ,cutting down the angle on the fish/tank it is less likely to look blured. i hope you can make some sense out of this. it is mostly luck 1out of 100 pics are keepers.lol steve

mann

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2002
seattle, wa
Visit site
Originally posted by steve535
it is mostly luck 1out of 100 pics are keepers.lol steve
This I have, so far, found to be true. It's digital - why not try the shotgun approach, I guess. I'll try another photo shoot tonight. Tomorrow I'll post one hundred pictures. :D

SoulFish

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Florida
www.rainbowaquatics.com
i agree a high number of pics is the best way to get good ones, most digital cameras have automatic shutter speed and do it automatically allowing them to get enough light, if oyu use flash it makes the shutterspeed faster because there is more light so it doesnt need to keep the shutter open as long, if you dont use a flash then it needs to keep the shutter open longer before it can get enough light, it should not cause that much of a glare if you put the camera right up to the glass and take at an angle with flash on, it wont be able to reflect off front glass and the glare off the back glass will mostly glare away, you will still get reflections sometimes but usually not right on what your taking a picture of so you can crop it out

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
100 pics! i have 56k that sould take me the better part of the week to down load.do you have a photo shop?i have ADOBE 2.0.i can do some cool stuff with it the only drawback is" it is very very slow"good luck steve

dgodwin

Large Fish
Dec 2, 2002
Buffalo, NY
www.dgodwin.com
I use a tripod and a slower shutter speed to take pictures of non-moving things (plants, etc.) I also have a good amount of light (111w) so I do most things without a flash. For good fish pictures, I've done some with flash (usually pointed down into the tank bottom) and some without. Hope this helps.
Daniel

mann

Large Fish
Nov 13, 2002
seattle, wa
Visit site
Okay, this is definately better. Not perfect, but better. Now, if I can only remember what I did while taking this picture... This seems to be flash-off, ambient lighting-off, with a makeshift tripod. It loses a bit of definition, though, while I'm shrinking it to postable size.

Attachments