PC forum reco

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
Many thanks to the moderator if they let this go...

Having some pc tech issues, anyone here have a reco for a good forum for pc's? Or pm me if you think you could be of assistance. Thanks guys.

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
FD, did you start with all the simple stuff like:

Start > Programs > Accessories > System tools > Disk clean?

-or-

Start > Run > type "msconfig" then enter. Go to "startup", disable everything you don't need, reboot, see how she runs.

I've had a system or three so buggered up I had to reboot into safe mode first, then do the above.

FWIW, I always use FireFox for my browser, AVAST for my anti-virus, windows firewall and I run SpyBot from time to time to eliminate crap from my system.

I'm certainly no PC expert, but I rarely have problems when using everything above.

FishDad

Superstar Fish
Mar 4, 2012
Cleveland
Ran three anti spy and virus. Came up with nothing. The curser is hitching up like to much ram is being used. Tried new batteries in the mouse too. Other than the curser, the pc is running fine. Strange.

FreshyFresh

Superstar Fish
Jan 11, 2013
East Aurora, NY
Hmm.. I know my kids have changed the cursor settings on me before.. Might be something to look at if you haven't. It's usually in the accessories > system tools > control panel file.

Other than that, maybe try another mouse if you have one handy?

Feb 18, 2013
Try creating a new user profile, or starting the system in safe mode, tap f5\f8 a few times during bootup, you'll get safemode options, choose safemode with networking. This will load only microsoft drivers, so if the problem still exists here, it's either your OS, or your mouse. If the problem goes away it's software related.

If the new profile fixes the problem then it's something running on your profile, if it doesn't it's probably hardware or OS related ...

Did you get my pm ? the messaging system is odd here.

exhumed07

Superstar Fish
Apr 30, 2006
Illinois
EVIL PURE EVIL!!!!!!!!! I'll never own a mac lol. i need pc for gaming. a mac, even the best have hard times playing even remotely modern games lol. also i'm more of a fan of the pc OS vs mac. but those are my needs and the only way they can be met. got to buy things that meet your needs.