Panda Cory's

Oct 22, 2002
I just bought 3 pnda cory's at the whopping price of $2.50 cdn each. I was wondering how to sex the cory's cause i want to separate them from my commuinity tank and have babies. Also what will it take to breed these fish.

The easiest way to sex Corydoras is to view them from the top,the females are generally larger and broader,more rounded in general.
I have five Pandas that breed regualarly.
Good feeding,ie live if possible to condition them, gradually lower the water level and allow filter to slow down,I find foam air driven are best,the fry cannot get sucked in and they also feed on the microorganisms present, this also increases the water temp slightly, I also cut back on the food at this stage,then perform 25% water change using water at a lower temp,I usually keep mine at 80f,and use water at 75f to stimulate breeding.
They will usually lay eggs within 24 hours.
Remove the parents and add small amount of meth blue and let nature take its course. 8)

Matt Nace

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Pennsylvania
Pandas are normally $5 here.

I think, in regards to Johnny's comment it depends on what envirnment and what fish are with them.

My one tank they always hide my other they are always out and flying all around the tank.

Eventually the females can get larger, the males more longer, as Cloth said.

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

$2.50...$5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have to pay $17 for each cute little panda :( These are my favourite cory's and i am very sad that i can't afford to pay that much for them.