Oscars!!!

Oct 22, 2002
From what i hear oscars are very interesting fish. Can you post some of your experiences with oscars and how they act. Because i would like to go into buying a fish somewhat knowaladgeable (yes i murdered that one  ;) ) of about what i am doing!!

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
Well this is kinda a 2nd hand experience. When I was younger my parents had 2 oscars in there tank. One day my parents went to feed them and they hadn't given them their favorite food so they got mad and went and tore up the entire tank! Heater decorations and everthing! But they are great fish to have they have personality.

Ryan ;D

Oct 22, 2002
make sure the tank has a hood. i left my hood open and one made the dreaded jump. When i got home he was dry but i put him back in the tank anyways and he came back to life  :eek: ??? so i was happy. And he's still living eating feeders and pellets ;D

Oct 22, 2002

I started this hobby because a friend who has an 14 inch. oscar, he looks amazing, very quiet and calm... i didn't star my hobby with an oscar, i decided to start my hobby with bala sharks... they are good, look good, i love them but you cannot even try to interact with them, they get scared with just a little movement.... i had a bala shark over a year, he got big, but i quit with them, and i decided to go with my biggest inpiration, to grow up an oscar and make him a fish that you look and be amazed....  i bought an oscar 4 months ago very small about 1 inch, now he is almost 3 i think... and every time i get near the tank of when i clean it up, i'm not affraid for him to jump up of fear as a matter of fact he always try to be near me, maybe waiting for some food...

Also i suggest that if you are going to have oscars, have 2 or 3 small tanks with platies, or guppies and breed them, to have occasional fresh live food for oscar... you will love to watch them chase and eat their food....