Oscar tankmates...

Oct 22, 2002
Hi i'm putting a new 50G tank with an oscar and i want to know which tankmates are good for him...

My oscar albino was before with some convics, and a pleco, but i want to watch sime movement there, because at this moment the oscar it's too small, so, i've heard that tin foils are good tankmates, is that true?

Which kind of fish are appropiate to be tankmates of my oscar beside ciclids?... i have just take out my weather loach (dojo) from the tank  before he kill her...  

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
I think IMO you should get a little bit bigger tank if you want to give him some tankmates. That's just what I think though. I have heard you should not keep an oscar in less than a 55 gallon. I would stay with some cichids if it were me. I have never kept these personally but my parents have and that's just what I think. ;D

Oct 22, 2002
I agree with ryanp, you need a larger tank if you want to have tankmates for him.  I keep convicts, clown loaches, kissing gouramis, and some plecos with my 2 oscars in my 275 gal tank.

D

discusaquarium

what's all this inside lingo - IMO? whats that - i've seen some more of it but im just downright confused.  :eek:

Oct 22, 2002
yes, i keep that in my mind, and i 'm preparing to buy a lerger tank, but at this moment the oscar is about 2 1/2 inches so the tank is all right, and it looks empty, so i thougth to buy some emall tankmates that grow with him, like tin foil or sole convicts....  are tin foils good tankmates for oscars?

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[quote author=Bettaman_shane link=board=cichlid&num=990482470&start=0#6 date=05/22/01 at 15:40:46]
i kept pirahnas with oscars onjce that was very cool it is neat to see them get along ;D
[/quote]Really. How interesting. How big of a tank did you have ???